Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 16 - Sun In

I think one of the reasons I love this time of year so much is that it makes me really appreciate the days where there is sun. But it's not just obvious, hot, unrelenting sun. It's bright to be sure, but there is still a crispness to the air. Still cool. It's the kind of sunshine where you have to stand directly in it and wait for its feeling of warmth to slowly seep into you.









I love sitting in the sun in my yard, and I love what sunlight can do for subjects. The different ways it illuminates things. The way it, quite literally, brings things to life.

1 comment:

donna said...

I just love your autumn images. I have had a fall obession this week too! The colors are just so beautiful its impossible NOT to get the camera out.

http://lemondingo.blogspot.com/

(Found your blog via red and gray...I'm in Washington state too!)