Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Chance to Create

A couple weeks ago I had the winning bid on a new (to me) Nikon D50. I had really hoped that it would get here in time to use at the wedding I helped shoot last Saturday (see below), but the advertised 2-3 day priority shipping took a week. So, Monday I excitedly tore into my delivery eager to try my new purchase, only to find that the guy had sent with virtually zero battery life left. Was a charger included in my camera purchase? Sadly, no. After some calling and research, it was back to ebay where I bought the charger for $8.32, and prepared myself for yet another week of waiting...

But the wait is over - my charger has arrived! And my battery is now charged. I have two functional digital SLR cameras and two different kind of lenses. I'm really excited to try them out at a shoot. I anticipate it being really nice not having to switch between my 18-55 and 55-200 lens, but having both at the same time (not quite as good as having a 18-200 lens, but considerably cheaper). I want to see about trading in my extra 18-55 (the D50 came with the lens making it an even better deal) for credit towards a 70-300... we'll see.

Anyway, I of course had to walk around my house (it's been rather rainy outside) trying out my new acquisition and taking random shots.






1 comment:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

New toys are so much fun.....now, if only I could decide what new camera to buy!