Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Her First Hair Cut

I have never cut her hair. At first it was because it took so long to grow in. Later it was because it finally made her look like a girl. And somehow, somewhere along the way, I think I became attached to it as a mark of how far she'd come. How much she'd grown. As if to cut it would be to take time away.

And then - it kept getting in her eyes. She kept pulling out her pony tails and letting it fall in her face. So today, I'd had it. And, forgetting that I have no idea how to properly cut hair, I took the scissors to my child....

First Haircut

First Haircut

First Haircut

First Haircut

First Haircut

It'll grow back.

4 comments:

Robb said...

The third one down is awesome, though it does make her look like Spock in no small amount.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new bangs.
And, yes, they're short but super short bangs are kind of "in" right now, and since their short it will take more time before you have to cut them again... its not like you cut all her hair that short.

way to go my friend!

Jessica said...

So...I'm not going to lie...I was expecting it to be a LOT worse. But I have to agree with Elizabeth that the short bangs are in and it is probably a good thing that is the only part of her hair you touched;-) Not bad for a first timer. They even look pretty straight!

Unknown said...

"Good job" mystique! That is what Thalia Jade said to me this weekend- wonder where she got that phrase from?asta