Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Narcissistic

Today I used the newly found freedom of having my child in pre-school to go and get a haircut. It only took me about 5 months to make an appointment to use the gift certificate I had. The point is, I got it done.

I told them I was bored. That I wanted something that was "fun" and "flippy". The lady gently asked how much time I was planning on putting into styling my hair to maintain the fun and flip. When I sheepishly admitted "oh, um... probably not much" she told me she could do it, but it wouldn't look the same if I didn't put some time into it. I like how it turned out, and I like the idea that somewhere deep down my hair could be fun - if only I'd spend some time on it... But the honest truth is, I probably won't. Yet I want others to see what it could look like. To have them be able to say when they see me, "cute haircut", because they saw what it could be, even if when they see it the cut's fully potential is not being realized.

And while I'll admit I did not take these photos, technically they are still "Blazey Photography" as brought to you by my husband.

So without further ado. Here is the before:

Narcissistic

And the After:

Narcissistic

Narcissistic

Narcissistic

Narcissistic

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Flippy and fun! WAY TO GO TEEK! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, its super cute. Tell Robb he's a great addition to the Blazey photography team. :) I am sure it would have been diffifult to take your own picture and end up with such expressive faces.

TheZMom said...

Oh my GOSHHHH you are soooo beautiful. With long or short hair :) And I love the pictures! :)

Elizabeth said...

i like. i like like.
and i think you can style it like that without as much work as she put into it.
all about the hairspray upsidedown.
next time i see you, i'll give you a cheater flippy hair lesson.

love you friend.

Unknown said...

cute!