Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Book Assignment

I've been spending a few random pockets of time helping a friend complete a project for school. The assignment was to write a children's book that in some way addresses domestic violence, but not in a direct way (since, obviously, it would be for kids). Anyway, she had a great idea for a book about a girl finding a snail and coming to realize that sometimes she wish she had a shell that she could hide in when things scare her. My friend asked if I'd be willing to do some pictures for it since in her head the images were black and white photos. However, we ran into some "technical difficulties" since apparently it's not "snail season" so the full finished version will have to wait. However, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite images from the project.

Book assignment

Book assignment

Book assignment

Book assignment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that book looks amazing.
can't wait to see the finished product! ;)
love you ~ thank you

Unknown said...

Very interesting treatment of those photos - next time you are here or we are there I would love to see how you do that..

Anonymous said...

Wonderful texture and such a loverly model! Will we get to see it when it's finished? It sounds like it'll be amazing...